With the launch of Disney +, the latest streaming service for your Smart TV, hundreds of movies and TV shows are available to the masses in just a few clicks. If you're like us, you've probably spent the last days exploring the Marvel Cinematic Universe and a few classic Simpsons episodes (like the one in which Homer goes to a gym and gets some momentum).
And while we encourage you to forget about the gym and training from time to time, your TV time can also be used to further motivate you on your fitness journey.
While you can not find Pumping Iron or Rocky at Disney +, there are a variety of fitness-inspired movies that encourage you to go to the gym or drive a 5km race.
Here are some of our favorite picks available at Disney +
• Everything from the Marvel Cinematic Universe – if you see Chris Hemsworth and Brie Larson in great shape, they'll motivate everyone to lift a few weights.
• Strongest Man in the World – This 1975 movie tells the story of a student played by Kurt Russell who gains strength by eating a chemically fortified grain (no, no steroids).
• Invincible – Nothing is more inspiring than seeing Mark Wahlberg defy the chance of an NFL title.
Moana – Since it's Disney, we had to include a musical. It also has a singing Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. What can we say if you are not welcome?
• Heavyweights – A group of fat camp kids defend themselves against their overzealous coach, who is played by Ben Stiller, but in the end, they do the transformation they were looking for.
• Avatar – Well … that does not have much to do with fitness, but it's a great movie.
• Wonder – & # 39; Merica. That's all.
• Breaking 2 – Before Eliud Kipchoge broke the two-hour marathon ban in October 2019 (yes, it counted), he tried two other runners in Italy.
• Free Solo – Free Climber Alex Honnold attempts to climb the 3,200-foot El Capitan in Yosemite National Park without a rope.
• Remember the Titans – For these moments you need inspiration, but at the same time a good cry.